WHAT ARE THE GOALS?In celebration of the ILO’s Centenary and with support from the Government of Nigeria, this Forum aims to:
- Amplify young voices and invite perspectives of ILO constituents and other key stakeholders
- Reflect on opportunities and challenges for young people transitioning to decent work
- Facilitate intra- and inter- generational dialogue on gender equality, rights, and voice and representation
- Solicit concrete commitments for action, impact, and partnerships across the globe
WHAT ARE THE BIG DISCUSSION TOPICS?
- The youth employment potential of emerging industries and sectors
- Youth employment solutions for different youth groups
- Our collective roadmap to 2030
The Forum welcomes young people from different backgrounds, cultures, and countries and invites the participation of governments, workers’ and employers’ organizations, the United Nations system, and other key stakeholders.
Participants are selected through nominations from ILO regional and country offices, as well as from members of the United Nations Inter-Agency Network on Youth Development.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- Exchange ideas with a diverse group of people committed to decent jobs for youth
- Listen to and participate in TED-like talks and interactive sessions co-designed by young people
- Engage in youth-moderated virtual chats