The ILO organized a series of regional knowledge sharing activities in the Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe, Asia and Africa regions and a global forum on formalization in 2015 to provide opportunity for taking stock of the wealth of knowledge across regions and reflecting upon how to further promote formality through innovative policies that can be efficiently monitored and evaluated for higher impact. These events also focus on exchanging examples of good practice as well as effective implementation of Recommendation 204 concerning the transition from the informal to the formal economy adopted by ILO constituents in June 2015.
- Transition to the formal economy in Latin America and the Caribbean (24-28 August 2015, Lima, Peru)
- Regional conference on the formalization of the informal economy in Europe and Central Asia (15-16 September 2015, Bečići, Budva, Montenegro)
- Regional tripartite workshop on transitions to formality and decent work in Asia and the Pacific (06-08 October 2015, Kathmandu, Nepal)
- Sub-regional conference on transition to the formal economy in French-speaking African countries (27-30 October 2015, Dakar, Senegal)
- Transition to formal economy - A global knowledge sharing forum (23-27 November 2015, Turin, Italy)