BASIX-BSFL - India
Mission: Promote a large number of sustainable livelihoods, including for the rural poor and women, through the provision of financial services and technical assistance in an integrated manner.
Decent Work Area:Productivity and Occupational safety and health (OSH)
Innovation:Non-Financial Services: OSH and productivity training and close individual monitoring
- Staff training of trainers on better productivity and increased work place safety (based on ILO’s WIND methodology) branded SWASTH
- Client level training by Basix staff
- Continuous individual on site monitoring
Results:Positive results in safety and health at the workplace
- Significant decrease in workplace illnesses and injuries (11%)
- Increased safe work place habits: more clients having a first aid box
- Reduced average daily work hours (-73 minutes)
- 37 USD increase in the monthly income
- Increase in the ability to cover costs (25%)
- Increase in the adoption of new technologies and practises (to ease physical labour, reduce cost of inputs or increase yield) (54%)
- 1 Page poster with summary of MF4DW intervention and MFI profile
- BASIX India: Microfinance and Microentreprises Productivity: An impact evaluation of a client training on productivity and increasing work place safety.