Engaging with suppliers beyond tier one is particularly challenging. But it is vital, as the biggest social and environmental risks often lie hidden further down the supply chain. The ILO Lab has been using a systems approach to understand how to better reach small and medium enterprises at scale, in a way that builds both capacities and incentives to improve working conditions. This brief outlines why a systems approach is important and what the Lab has learned.
- A Systemic Approach to Creating More and Better Jobs
- From Obligation to Opportunity: Scrutinizing the garment and textiles value chains to foster better working conditions in Vietnam and Indonesia
- Creating shared value in the Dominican Republic banana industry
- Market Systems Analysis for Decent Work: A User-friendly Guide
- Action Toolkit: Building Back with Better Jobs