Tamweelcom Jordan Micro-Credit Company
Mission: To provide financial and non-financial services to the low-income and productive-poor to improve their social and living standards by adopting and implementing international microfinance best practices.
Decent Work Area:Formalization
Innovation:Productivity and occupational safety and health (OSH)
Non-Financial Services: OSH and productivity individual training and close individual monitoring
- Sensitisation campaign on OSH
- Adaptation of the ILO WISE material to microentrepreneurs: The Other-WISE
- LO’s training of trainers on occupation and safety and health and productivity (based on ILO’s WISE methodology and branded Kafaa by Tamweelcom)
- Clients’ level training by LO and individual monitoring
Results:These results are from the Before-After analysis
Better safety and health at the work place:
- Improvements related to material storage and handling received the highest degree of realisation. 1/3 of participants could not complete planned improvements because of their cost.
- On average participants realized 3 successful improvements with a success rate of above 80% (80% reported good or above working conditions only two-third of them did so at baseline). These are directly correlated with client’s motivation captured in the number of training modules the client willingly took.
- Participants in the training enjoy a higher production level than the whole sample
- Positive and significant link between better work environment and level of production