MFI Information:IMON International LLC
Mission: Promote sustainable economic development and improved quality of life of Tajikistan by insuring reliable access to financial services for the economically active members of population
Decent Work Area:Women empowerment through entrepreneurship
Innovation:Combined financial & non-financial services: Specific start-up loans for women with entrepreneurship training
- A start-up loan programme with entrepreneurship training targeted at women potential entrepreneurs. Entrepreneur training package based on ILO’s Get Ahead curriculum
Results:Increased self-employment and income generating opportunities
- 258 out of 487 women who were trained reported having implemented their business idea (62% of women who responded to the question)
- The majority of women started their business within 3 months
- At baseline, the treatment group report more entrepreneurial characteristics than the control group even though they had less business experience. However, in the follow-up surveys – the treatment group seemed to have become less convinced about their entrepreneurial characteristics.
- Mixed results regarding the effects of the innovation on business practices: increased in business practices, increased awareness of business association, increased uptake of products
- 1 Page poster with summary of MF4DW intervention and MFI profile
- IMON International, Tajikistan: Microfinance and women entrepreneurship. An impact assessment of a start-up loan programme.