What topics does this course cover?
- WHY are green jobs key to sustainable development?
- WHAT are green and decent jobs?
- WHERE can green jobs be found and/or created?
- HOW can green jobs be promoted and by whom?
What will I learn?
- Understand the interlinkages between environment, economy and society
- Recognize the role of governments and social partners in the promotion of policy coherence for the transition to greener and more sustainable economies.
- Review best practices and case studies that illustrate the variety of approaches to fully exploit the business growth and job creation potential of the green economy
What will I be able to do?
Participants develop solutions to complex problems, creating more sustainable societies.
- Use international guidelines to help countries manage the transition towards low-carbon economies
- Apply concrete strategies to promote green and decent work opportunities in the public and private sector
- Network with green jobs experts and prominent actors in the field
Who takes this course?
The course is addressed to a mixed audience of professionals interested in the basic concepts of green jobs, its linkages with the ILO agenda and the sustainable development framework. This includes:
More information and registration
- Government representatives
- Social partners
- Practitioners engaged in the fields of sustainable development and employment creation
- Staff from national and international development agencies, and
- Members from civil society organizations and academia.