The aim of this new course is to create a space in which consulting and training professionals (working primarily in development, and specifically - in the micro and small-enterprise development sector) can learn how to improve performance of their companies, firms or departments dealing with consultancy and training. They will upgrade their professional standards and practices and prepare a strategy for improved sustainability of the unit they are managing. The course draws on ILO practices and experience accumulated as a result of the organization's wide engagement in management and small-business development, globally. It is practical in nature, providing real tools and insights, and drawing out the wisdom and experience already gained by members of the group. As a management course, it is designed to broaden participants' perspective, management potential and resource base, not just to convey technical topics. As a practical course, it will focus on applying course content to participants' actual challenges and opportunities in order to improve performance of their companies or units. The course will also assist the managers in identifying areas that they would like to explore in more detail in the future.
Target GroupThe course targets a wide audience of professionals:
- New entrants to the consulting profession;
- Independent management consultants or MSMEs;
- Consulting departments of development institutes;
- Internal consultants of commercial companies;
- Trainers and management consultants and experts;
- Managers engaged in consulting activities. Professionals involved in development consulting or managing a consulting business will find the course highly beneficial and helpful in upgrading their business management skills.
Deadline for applications: 22 April 2019