Judgment No. 3781
1. The impugned decision is set aside.
2. The EPO shall reimburse the complainant for the school fees that she paid for the 2007-2008 school year together with interest at the rate of 5 per cent per annum from the due date to the date of payment.
3. The EPO shall pay the complainant moral damages in the amount of 20,000 euros.
4. The EPO shall pay the complainant costs in the amount of 750 euros.
5. All other claims are dismissed.
The complainant challenges the EPO’s refusal to reimburse her for school fees paid in respect of two dependent children.
complaint allowed; decision quashed; dependent child; education expenses
The importance of establishing a settled interpretation of a phrase in a regulatory provision that is subject to more than one interpretation and an organisation’s obligations in the application of that interpretation are discussed in Judgment 3541, under 28.
Jugement(s) TAOIT: 3541
interpretation; interpretation of rules