Judgment No. 3762
1. The impugned decision of 3 November 2014 is set aside.
2. UNESCO shall pay each complainant 5,000 euros in moral damages.
3. UNESCO shall pay each complainant 500 euros in costs.
4. All other claims are dismissed.
5. The applications to intervene are dismissed.
The complainants challenge a circular that implements amendments to the Rules of the Medical Benefits Fund.
complaint allowed; decision quashed; insurance; health insurance
The Tribunal finds that the impugned decision in the present case is an administrative decision which adversely affects the complainants and does not require any implementing measure. As the decision to amend the MBF Rules was found to be unlawful and the amendments to be of no force or effect, the impugned decision stemming from those amendments is unlawful and must be set aside.