Judgment No. 1331
1. THE DIRECTOR'S DECISION OF 11 DECEMBER 1992, AND THE SUBSEQUENT SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT OF MISS GARRIDO, ARE QUASHED.
2. THE ORGANIZATION SHALL RE-ADVERTISE POST 5441 ON THE TERMS STATED IN THE VACANCY NOTICE OF 30 AUGUST 1990 AND SHALL HOLD A NEW PROCESS OF SELECTION.
3. IT SHALL PAY THE COMPLAINANT $1,000 IN DAMAGES FOR MORAL INJURY.
4. IT SHALL PAY HER $3,000 IN COSTS.
5. THE APPLICATION TO INTERVENE IS ALLOWED.
"On account of the undue delay in the selection process [i.e. some ten months between the issue of the vacancy notice and the meeting of the Selection Committee] the Tribunal awards the complainant damages for moral injury in a sum of 1,000 United States dollars."
procedure before the tribunal; moral injury; administrative delay; delay; due process; competition; competition cancelled; selection board; vacancy notice