Judgment No. 4138
1. The impugned decision of 17 August 2018 is set aside.
2. The complainants’ March 2018 payslips and all subsequent payslips implementing the ICSC’s contested decisions regarding the revised post adjustment for the duty station of Geneva are set aside.
3. WIPO shall provide the complainants with new revised payslips as from the March 2018 payslip with a post adjustment multiplier not based on the revised post adjustment index resulting from the 2016 cost-of-living survey.
4. WIPO shall pay each complainant and each intervener an amount equivalent to the difference between the remuneration actually paid to them since March 2018 and the remuneration that would have been paid to them during the same period but for the implementation of the ICSC decisions, with interest at the rate of 5 per cent per annum from due dates until the date of final payment.
5. WIPO shall also pay costs in the aggregate amount of 8,000 Swiss francs to the complainants listed in Annex 1, collectively, and costs in the aggregate amount of 8,000 Swiss francs to the complainants listed in Annex 2, collectively.
6. All other claims are dismissed.
The complainants challenge the decision to apply to their salaries the post adjustment multiplier determined by the ICSC on the basis of its 2016 cost-of-living survey for Geneva, with the result that their salaries were reduced.