Judgment No. 4135
1. The impugned decisions of 21 and 22 June 2018 are set aside.
2. The complainants’ and interveners’ February 2018 payslips and all subsequent payslips implementing the ICSC’s contested decisions regarding the revised post adjustment for the duty station of Geneva are set aside.
3. WHO shall provide the complainants and interveners with new revised payslips as from the February 2018 payslip with a post adjustment multiplier not based on the revised post adjustment index resulting from the 2016 cost-of-living survey.
4. WHO shall pay each complainant and each intervener an amount equivalent to the difference between the remuneration actually paid to them since February 2018 and the remuneration that would have been paid to them during the same period but for the implementation of the ICSC decisions, with interest at the rate of 5 per cent per annum from due dates until the date of final payment.
5. WHO shall also pay costs in the amount of 2,000 Swiss francs to the sole complainant of the first proceeding, costs in the aggregate amount of 8,000 Swiss francs to the complainants listed in Annex 1, collectively, and costs in the aggregate amount of 8,000 Swiss francs to the complainants listed in Annex 2, collectively.
6. All other claims are dismissed.
The complainants challenge the decision to apply to their salaries the post adjustment multiplier determined by the ICSC on the basis of its 2016 cost-of-living survey for Geneva, with the result that their salaries were reduced.