|Abandonment ID:|| 00482|
|Nom du navire:||Med Link[resolved]|
|No. OMI (7 chiffres):||7928160|
|Port d'abandon:||Port Sudan, Sudan|
|Date d'abandon:||20 octobre 2020|
|Date de notification:||12 novembre 2020|
|Gouvernement ou entité rapportante:||Fed. int. des ouvriers du transport (ITF)|
|Nombre de marins:||18|
|Nationalités:||Egypte(4); Inde(4); République arabe syrienne(10)|
Ro-RO Cargo ship
No repatriation despite expired contracts, in some cases since April. Crew are requesting sign off after wages are paid.
|Actions entreprises:||4 novembre 2020: L'Etat du Pavillon à été informé|
ITF contact in Sudan visited the ship, met the crew and the master and spoke to the managers, who promised to pay and repatriate the crew in next voyage.
Crew requested more info to make the calculations and liaise at same time with the owners.
|Situation concernant le rapatriement:||En attente de rapatriement|
18 crew members are awaiting repatriation.
Crew have been repatriated.
|Paiement des salaires:||Réglé|
Crew have been paid.
|Commentaires et observations:||Gouv. de Inde (18 décembre 2020)|
From DIRECTORATE GENENAL OF SHIPPING, MUMBAI
I am directed to refer to your e-mail dated 29.11.2020 informing this Directorate about the abandonment of the vessel, MED LINK (lMO No. 7928160, Lebanon Flag). It was also reported that all the seafarers have not been paid any wages since last 09 months.
2. In this connection it is stated that as per the E-Governance system maintained in this Office none of the seafarers have been engaged on board above vessels through the registered Indian Recruitment and Placement Service Agents. Hence the details of the seafarers and the agents who have employed the seafarers in question are not available in the e-govemance system.
3. In view of the above and in the absence of details of the RPS agents and seafarers, this office is unable to take further action regarding non-payment of wages due to them, through registered RPS agents regulated by this office.
4. However, this Office has taken up the matter with Embassy of India, Sudan and with Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways with a request to take this matter with the Sudan Maritime Authority and with the Local Port Authorities, Sudan to obtain the requisite details of the Indian Seafarers.
5. In view of the above, IMo, London is requested that the details of the seafarers viz. their Name, cDC, Passport Number and Recruitr.ni Ag.nt who have placed them on board may please be obtained from the source of the complaint and the same may be communicated to this office for further action at our end.
Gouv. de Egypte (23 décembre 2020)
From President of Maritime Transport sector
1. All crew members included our Egyptian seafarers were repatriated within 1 month ago.
2. Sudanese (port state control) at Port Sudan had interfered with both ships and ships owners in order to settle all the crewmembers wages.
Fed. int. des ouvriers du transport (ITF) (28 janvier 2021)
Crew have been paid and repatriated. RESOLVED.