|Abandonment ID:|| 00465|
|Nom du navire:||Wisconsin|
|No. OMI (7 chiffres):||9195523|
|Port d'abandon:||Willemstad, Curacao|
|Date d'abandon:||20 août 2020|
|Date de notification:||19 octobre 2020|
|Gouvernement ou entité rapportante:||Fed. int. des ouvriers du transport (ITF)|
|Nombre de marins:||7|
|Circonstances:||P&I: MS AMLIN MARINE N.V. (expired on 11/12/2019)|
The vessel has been arrested by Curacao authorities because the captain put a complaint in Maritime security because of not completed wages, not safety equipment, and so on.
|Actions entreprises:||10 août 2020: L'Etat du Pavillon à été informé|
Coordinating/Negociating with the vessel owner/manager and Flag State.
ITF sent emergency provisions, water and fuel.
|Situation concernant le rapatriement:||En attente de rapatriement|
7 Seafarers remain on board awaiting repatriation.
|Paiement des salaires:||En attente de paiement|
USD 569,148 (7 months outstanding)
|Commentaires et observations:||Fed. int. des ouvriers du transport (ITF) (19 octobre 2020)|
The captain refuses to negotiate and has appointed lawyers to sue the company for USD 285,000.
Autre (6 novembre 2020)
From Government of Curacao
Regarding the Wisconsin case in the Port of Willemstad, please be advised as follows from the port state authority:
1. The ship is still detained in port state by MAC since august 20th;
2. No corrective plan of action has been received from Togo flag administration at this point;
3. Currently, 3 crew are onboard, other crew is sheltered on the island;
4. MLC complaint still unresolved, although owner claims crew has been paid and supplied - Togo flag is seeking proof of this;
5. Agent forwarded message dated October 6, 2020 from ITF representative in Panama, indicating vessel is not considered abandoned by ITF - Togo flag is seeking confirmation of this from owner/ITF
6. Both crew and local agent seized vessel via local court case - current status and payment of crew not known to MAC
MAC awaits further communication from Togo flag on the above matters and until then, the port state detention remains in place.
Gouv. de Togo (3 décembre 2020)
As for the vessel Wisconsin, contacts are ongoing with the owner to obtain the required information which will be brought to the attention of IMO for all intents and purposes.