[Fritz - resolved]
|Abandonment ID:|| 00213|
|Nom du navire:||[Fritz - resolved]|
|No. OMI (7 chiffres):||9415155|
|Port d'abandon:||Oshawa, Canada|
|Date d'abandon:||2 juillet 2014|
|Date de notification:||23 octobre 2014|
|Gouvernement ou entité rapportante:||Fed. int. des ouvriers du transport (ITF)|
|Nombre de marins:||19|
|Nationalités:||Roumanie(18); Russie, Fédération de(1)|
|Circonstances:||Owners of the vessel declared bankrupcy, with a ship still loaded, while the crew waited at anchor for over 3 weeks.|
Crew refused to open hatches to release cargo, until 3 months wages were paid.
|Situation concernant le rapatriement:||Rapatriés|
Repatriated after insolvency administrator was brought in.
|Commentaires et observations:||Fed. int. des ouvriers du transport (ITF) (25 novembre 2016)|
Gouv. de Libéria
Through Liberian Shipowners' Council, the Liberian Administration informed of;
- On June 2014, the Liberian Administration received a complaint from the crew of Fritz regarding non-payment of wages (for April, May and June), repatriation issues, insufficient provisions, etc.
- The vessel operators informed the Liberian Administration that they were forced to declare insolvency; hence, they could not resolve the various issues on board the vessel.
- On July 10, 2014, the vessel was detained by PSC Canada.
- The Liberian Administration contacted the insolvency administrator and successfully arranged for payment of outstanding wages up to July 2014.
- As of August 2014, the vessel is under the new management.