|Abandonment ID:|| 00354|
|Nombre del buque:||Orestina|
|Puerto de abandono:||Tuzla, Turkey|
|Fecha de abandono:||30 Julio 2018|
|Fecha de notificación:||1 Agosto 2018|
|Reporting Member Govt. or Org.:||Fed. Int. de los Trabajadores del Trasporte (ITF)|
|No. de marinos:||13|
|Nacionalidades:||Belarús; Letonia; Rusia, Federación de; Ucrania|
|Circunstancias:||NON PAYMENT OF WAGES (2 MONTHS)|
|Acciones tomadas:||2 Agosto 2018: Other|
|Estado de la repatriación:||2 Agosto 2018: Other|
Crew remain on the vessel
|Estado del pago:||2 Agosto 2018: Payment Pending|
|Comentarios y observaciones:||Fed. Int. de los Trabajadores del Trasporte (ITF) (2 Agosto 2018)|
Owner is currently in bankruptcy proceedings.
P&I abandonment insurer is West of England (20/02/2018 - 20/02/2019)
The seafarers have applied to the insurance by email(01/08/2018).
Otro (29 Agosto 2018)
INFO ON M/T ORESTINA (16.08.2018)
Maritime Administration of GIBRALTAR has been notified by the Turkish Maritime Administration with the attached communication.
Investigations made by Turkish Maritime Administration on 02.08.2018 revealed the following points:
• There are 5 interim injunctions and an arrest order for the ship.
• Vessel has been at Tuzla Ada Shipyard since 21 May 2018 without any repair and maintenance.
• Shipmaster could not establish communication with the shipowner.
• There are 13 crewmembers on board. 10 of them from Russian nationality (including captain) also 1 personnel Ukranian, 1 personnel Latvian and 1 personnel from Belarusian nationality.
• Crew did not receive their 2 Months Salary of June and July.
• Sewage treatment plant of the ship is not working also gray water, black water tanks are full.
• Sewage disposal is being done by a sewage vessel that is provided by the agency.
• There is no diesel oil left in the ship therefore fuel oil used.
• Refrigerant gas used for air-conditioning and freezer is decreasing.
Info gathered from the Shipping Agency as of 03.08.2018:
• According to the captain's verbal statement, there are enough provisions on board.
• Sewage from the ship is regularly taken by the agency to prevent pollution.
• Crew are in contact with the ITF representative in Turkey and they have made the necessary legal applications regarding the non-payment of staff salaries.
• Shipmaster also is in contact with the P&I regarding the needs of the crew.