|Abandonment ID:|| 00688|
|Flag:||St. Vincent & Grenadines|
|7-digit IMO no.:||9804162|
|Port of abandonment:||Port Asaluyah, Iran|
|Abandonment date:||1 August 2022|
|Notification date:||19 September 2022|
|Reporting Member Govt. or Org.:||ITF|
|No. of Seafarers:||7|
|Nationalities:||Eritrea(1); Indonesia(1); India(2); Syrian Arab Republic(3)|
|Circumstances:||P&I : Hydor|
Seafarers have not been paid since June 2022 (3 months) Captain is requesting repatriation for emergency family situation.
Some of the crew joined the ship on 12th August 2021 and 11th September 2021, so they are already more than 12 months on board.
|Actions taken:||17 September 2022: Flag State informed|
Owners and Managers contacted.
Flag State and Iranian maritime administration informed and requested to assist the crew.
P&I club Hydor contacted.
|Payment status:||19 September 2022: Payment Pending|
The total wages outstanding is US$31,536.
|Comments and Observations:||Govt. of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (3 October 2022)|
This following has request by the MLC Shipowner:
1. Evidences sent to ITF of payment and repatriation to close the task opened at the ITF is requested within 10 October 2022.
2. A third party MLC audit is required within 10 October 2022.
The Flag/statutory certificates are limited as follows:
The Certificate of registry is limited until 10 October 2022.
The statutory certificates are limited until 10 October 2022.
Govt. of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (18 October 2022)
This Administration has carried out an additional MLC inspection on board the subject vessel.
Several deficiencies have been raised and the owners have already taken actions for its rectification.
Another additional MLC inspection is scheduled within three (3) months.
No MLC complaint has been raised to the MLC Inspector. All seafarers have received their wages for September 2022.
ITF (20 October 2022)
The ITF has been following closely with the crew on board the situation of the progress of their MLC complaint and its settlement and in this moment it yet far from being settled.
We observe and like to share our findings as per the latest contact we do have with the seafarers today:
1. The wages of August and September have not yet been paid up to now. The captain has not been paid September.
2. There are crew (at least 3 that we have been informed of) who have their contract already expired, included one who is already 13 months on board. No plan of repatriation is made yet.
3. The ex-captain who has been disembarked already for a family emergency, inform to have been discounted $5000 or his repatriation, which at all sights very high and we would like to really know what it covers.
4. The ITF has received no evidence of payment referred to in the Flag State email of the 3rd of October. The bank transfers of any payments evidence are helpful to clarify the payment of the outstanding wages to advance to settle the crew MLC complaint.
5. There are seafarers who has requested repatriation and waiting for it to take place with the payment of their wages.
6. The seafarers acknowledge to have received wages for June and July that has been paid cash on board 1 or 2 days before the flag State visit.
We are looking forward for the rest of the outstanding wages be paid to all of the crew including August, September and October and be repatriated. Evidence of payment are needed to confirm the settlement of the outstanding wages.
Govt. of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (26 October 2022)
1. BV has forwarded objective evidence of wages’ settlement for September 2022.
2. The MLC shipowner has forward plane tickets for off-singing crew whose SEA have been expired. There are three (3) seafarers repatriated on 22.10.2022 and 23.10.2022 respectively.
3. Regarding the disembarked master; the MLC shipowner has deducted ticket, visa and hotel expanses from his wage since he has not completed his contract. He has accepted all deductions.