|Abandonment ID:|| 00465|
|7-digit IMO no.:||9195523|
|Port of abandonment:||Willemstad, Curacao|
|Abandonment date:||20 August 2020|
|Notification date:||19 October 2020|
|Reporting Member Govt. or Org.:||ITF|
|No. of Seafarers:||7|
|Circumstances:||P&I: MS AMLIN MARINE N.V. (expired on 11/12/2019)|
The vessel has been arrested by Curacao authorities because the captain put a complaint in Maritime security because of not completed wages, not safety equipment, and so on.
|Actions taken:||10 August 2020: Flag State informed|
Coordinating/Negociating with the vessel owner/manager and Flag State.
ITF sent emergency provisions, water and fuel.
|Repatriation status:||Repatriation pending|
7 Seafarers remain on board awaiting repatriation.
Crew have been repatriated.
|Payment status:||Payment Pending|
USD 569,148 (7 months outstanding)
Crew have been paid.
|Comments and Observations:||ITF (19 October 2020)|
The captain refuses to negotiate and has appointed lawyers to sue the company for USD 285,000.
Other (6 November 2020)
From Government of Curacao
Regarding the Wisconsin case in the Port of Willemstad, please be advised as follows from the port state authority:
1. The ship is still detained in port state by MAC since august 20th;
2. No corrective plan of action has been received from Togo flag administration at this point;
3. Currently, 3 crew are onboard, other crew is sheltered on the island;
4. MLC complaint still unresolved, although owner claims crew has been paid and supplied - Togo flag is seeking proof of this;
5. Agent forwarded message dated October 6, 2020 from ITF representative in Panama, indicating vessel is not considered abandoned by ITF - Togo flag is seeking confirmation of this from owner/ITF
6. Both crew and local agent seized vessel via local court case - current status and payment of crew not known to MAC
MAC awaits further communication from Togo flag on the above matters and until then, the port state detention remains in place.
Govt. of Togo (3 December 2020)
As for the vessel Wisconsin, contacts are ongoing with the owner to obtain the required information which will be brought to the attention of IMO for all intents and purposes.
ITF (21 January 2021)
3 crew remain on board whilst 4 have left the vessel. Outstanding wages until 31/10/2020 of $72,941. Ship went to auction on 07/01/2021 and we are awaiting the outcome. The ITF has provided food, water and fuel.
ITF (28 January 2021)
Remaining crew on board will sign contracts with the new owners and their salaries will be paid by the layer that was retained. RESOLVED.