|Abandonment ID:|| 00299|
|Ship name:||Boorj 1[resolved]|
|7-digit IMO no.:||8669785|
|Port of abandonment:||Anchorage Near Ajman, UAE|
|Abandonment date:||31 August 2017|
|Notification date:||6 September 2017|
|Reporting Member Govt. or Org.:||ITF|
|No. of Seafarers:||5|
|Circumstances:||Information given by seafarer|
1) The ship in anchor for the past 6 months
2) The salary is not given for past 9 months
3) One seafarer severely suffering from inner piles, we reported to company but no medical help have been provided and he wish to be repatriated.
4) Food and water not provided and bunkering also not supplied
5) The Captain allegedly beat some of the crew members
|Actions taken:||6 September 2017: Other|
Wrote to owner but he has not responded.
Contacted Panama Maritime Authorities but no reply.
All crew have been repatriated.
|Comments and Observations:||ITF (12 September 2017)|
Part of Alco Ships group of cases
Govt. of Panama (31 December 2020)
This case was reported by Moises De Gracia - IMO Panama Representative at IMO, due to the abandon of the crewmembers, owing 9 month of salaries, a crewmember has health problems and want to be repatriated, lacking of water,food and bunker supply, and the Captain has allegedly beaten crewmembers. The vessel is located in Sharjah Hamriyah, Dubai, EAU. We do not have details of the crewmembers. The vessel was sanctioned through the Resolution No. 106-S-02-DGMM of January 05, 2018.
ITF (28 January 2021)
All crew have been repatriated. No confirmation of outstanding monies having been paid and there is no longer any communication with the crew. RESOLVED.