|Abandonment ID:|| 00237|
|7-digit IMO no.:||6505662|
|Port of abandonment:||Malaga|
|Abandonment date:||31 March 2016|
|Notification date:||6 April 2016|
|Reporting Member Govt. or Org.:||ITF|
|No. of Seafarers:||7|
|Circumstances:||Crew joined the ship with 4+1 month contracts 27.06.2015 in the port of Las Palmas, 10.07.2015 she left the port, next port of call should have been Colombo, Sri Lanka. Due to cancelation of charter, vessel proceeded to Malaga and laid up there until 30/07/15 and till now.|
|Actions taken:||22 April 2016: Provisions provided|
Conditions on board reported by IMO
- Food is purchased with money provided by the owner. There is sufficient food of good quality on board.
- Fuel is provided by the owner and is reported to be sufficient.
- Water, as above.
- There are reported attempts to provide recreational outlets for the crew. These amount to providing the crew with internet/phone cards etc.
- The most important consideration when insuring the crew welfare is that their families are protected and that they are provided for. This is reported not to be the case.
Contacts with the owner
|Repatriation status:||October 2015: Other|
Report by the IMO
- 3 crew of the `Ratibor┐ were signed off in August.
- one crew was repatriated in October 2015.
22 April 2016: Repatriation pending
Report by the IMO
- There is insurance in place which covers repatriation. Should the funds after settlement of the wages not be sufficient this insurance will cover the costs.
- The crew wish to remain on-board to ensure their interests are fully met.
At the end of August 3 crew members were repatriated from board without final payment. The 4 remaining on board are required by the flag state.
|Payment status:||Payment Pending|
USD 100,250 in outstanding to crew currently on board
|Comments and Observations:||ITF (23 May 2017)|
Crew have left the vessel which is now up for auction
ITF (7 December 2017)
No further update expected.