|Abandonment ID:|| 00194|
|Nom du navire:||[SS Veles - resolved]|
|No. OMI (7 chiffres):||7721392|
|Port d'abandon:||Rio Tuba, Palawan, Philippines|
|Date d'abandon:||17 mars 2013|
|Date de notification:||24 mars 2013|
|Gouvernement ou entité rapportante:||Fed. int. des ouvriers du transport (ITF)|
|Nombre de marins:||17|
|Nationalités:||Russie, Fédération de(9); Inde(8); Ukraine(1)|
|Circonstances:||Vessel abandoned by Russian owners after PSC detained vessel due to expired minimum safe manning documents.|
- Communication with Russian Embassy done, and Russian crew repatriated with Russian Embassy intervention.
- Communication / coordination with Indian Embassy resulted in local Indian community in Rio Tuba, Palawan visiting the vessel and providing aid for the Indian crew. Coordination continuing in order to secure repatriation for the Indian crew
- Sending mobile phone credits for Indian crew to communicate with Indian Embassy
- Communication / coordination with ITF Maritime Operations, Inspectors
L'Etat du Pavillon à été informé
- Cordination by Phillpines PSC
- Communication with flag state tried but no action from Tuvau because the registration expired even before the PSC detention
|Situation concernant le rapatriement:||Rapatriés|
9 Russian crewss and 1 Ukraine crew were repatriated.
|Paiement des salaires:||En attente de paiement|
Indian crew claims 6 months unpaid wages as of May 2013. Russian crew repatriated with no remuneration, only promise of payment. No information received on possible actual remuneration to Russian crew after repatriation.
|Commentaires et observations:||Fed. int. des ouvriers du transport (ITF) (16 décembre 2016)|
Fed. int. des ouvriers du transport (ITF)
Indian crew remain on board and were visited by representative of 2 prospects buyers. However, unfornately, a sale did not materialze. ITF have reiterated the advice to Indian Embassy to facilitate the repatriation of the crews, because the continued stay of Indian crew on the vessel looks useless. According to Indian crew report, 2 Russian owner's representative are on board and ashorement of the time.