|Comments and Observations:||ITF (13 January 2022)|
We have now heard from Sao Tome and Principe advising that Pruvaline/Antalya is flying their flag fraudulently. The ship was formerly called Antalya.
International Maritime Organisation (2 February 2022)
In November 2021 IHS Markit received a Company IMO request for this vessel and were advised ‘owner’ of vessel was to be MADI SHIPPING CO LTD, Marshall Islands. However, there were no further updates received and new ‘owner’ not posted against vessel. Insurer: Unknown.
Govt. of Sao Tome and Principe (2 February 2022)
On behalf of the Maritime and Port Institute of Sao Tome and Principe to express our satisfaction for IMO cooperation in the matter regarding "Pruvaline" IMO Number 7615232, Sao Tome Flag. As per your request, please allow me to inform and confirm that the said IMO 7615232 is an illegal, fraudulent, false, and unlawful act. We are preparing to take all necessary measures against this unlawful act.
Govt. of Marshall Islands (7 February 2022)
The listed IMO #’s do not appear to be real as they do not follow the correct numbering format.
Govt. of Lebanon (17 February 2022)
Reference your below mail received, on 02 February 2022, regarding M/V PRUVALINE IMO No 7615232, the Directorate General of Land and Maritime Transport we like to inform that the a.m. vessel is subject to close monitoring since her arrival to Tripoli port.
We would like to inform you the following:
1. The Tripoli Port Authority in cooperation with the ITF representative in Lebanon are undertaking the necessary steps to resolve the issue of abandoned seafarers and to arrange the repatriation as soon as possible of the 17 Seafarers on board
2. The number of seafarers who arrived to Tripoli port was 13 persons (in conformity with the details provided in your mail), and at a later stage 2 Persons left the ship (The Egyptian and the Libyan Master of the ship), and instead 6 persons joined the ship, so the total number of crew on board is 17 seafarers.
3. On 17 January 2022, a certain amount of money covering 3 months of salaries has been paid to the original crew of the ship.
4. At the moment, the ship is facing a new issue, as 2 different parties are claiming the ownership of the vessel, thing which led to the intervention of the Local attorney and the court.
5. Both parties are claiming that they are the owners, one of them is using the registry documents under Sao Tome Flag, and the other party is in possession of Bill of sale under Zambia flag.
6. Several reserve judicial reservations have been imposed on the ship.
7. The Directorate General of land and Maritime Transport, Tripoli port Authority and ITF are providing the necessary support to the crew, and leading the necessary communication with related parties in order to resolve this matter.
ITF (25 July 2022)
9 crewmembers remain on board, surviving in extreme and inhumane conditions with no provisions, no electricity and no wages. The ITF has supplied provision and humanitarian assistance. All other crew left the vessel without being paid.
ITF (7 March 2023)
Some of the crew agreed terms of compensation and received 65% of their wages. 6 of the crew who were disembarked in Syria have received no compensation. The 3 crew who remain on board have a lack of provisions as per our latest information