|Name:||The National Registration Act, 2008 [No. 4 of 2008].|
|Type of legislation:||Law, Act|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||Act on-line Sierra Leone Web, Sierra Leone PDF of Act (consulted on 2011-09-06)
|Abstract/Citation:||PART I - PRELIMINARY
PART II - OBLIGATION TO REGISTER
2. Establishment of National Register.
3. Declaration of registration areas and periods of registration.
4. Appointment of Chief Registrar and Registration Officers.
5. Registration functions of Chief Registrar.
6. Obligation of residents to register.
PART III - IDENTITY CARDS
7. Identity Cards of registered persons.
8. Identity Cards of public bodies.
9. Identity Card to be proof of particulars.
10. Authorised officer may require production of Identity Card.
PART IV - NATIONAL REGISTRATION SECRETARIAT
11. Establishment of National Registration Secretariat.
PART V - MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
12. Fees and other charges to be paid into Consolidated Fund.
14. Offences and penalties.
15. Repeal of Act No. 20 of 1974 [National Registration Act, 1974] and savings.