|Original name:||Zákon, ktorým sa mení a doplna zákon c. 311/2001 Z. z. Zákonník práce v znení neskorsích predpisov a ktorým sa menia a doplnajú niektoré zákony|
|Name:||Act No. 48/2011 amending the consolidated Act No. 311/2001 (Labour Code) and other relevant laws|
|Subject(s):||Labour codes, general labour and employment acts|
|Type of legislation:||Law, Act|
|Entry into force:|
|Published on:||Zbierka zákonov, 2011-03-01, Ciastka 20, PP. 468-478
|Bibliography:||Zbierka zákonov, 2011-03-01, Ciastka 20, PP. 468-478
Act on-line in Slovak Elektronická zbierka zákonov, IURA EDITION, spol. s.r.o., Bratislava, Slovakia PDF (consulted on 2011-07-03)
|Abstract/Citation:||Incorporates the EU legislation into the Slovak legal system.
Amends the Labour Code in following way:
- Article I codifies the right to free choice of employment, to fair and satisfactory working conditions and the right to be protected against arbitrary dismissal. It codifies the interdiction of discrimination in work relations.
- Article 6, second sentence codifies protection of pregnant women and of mothers until 9 months after giving birth and breast-feeding mothers. The end of Article 6 states that the working conditions of women and men shall allow the exercise of the social function of education and care of the children.
- Amends the anti-discriminatory provision in Section 13(2).
- Also amends Section 157 dealing with the employer obligations towards a worker returning from maternity of paternity leave.
- Amends following sections with regard to the collective bargaining at the European and national level: Sections 161, 166, 241 - 243. Adds section 243a. Amends sections 244-245 and adds Section 245a. Amends sections 246-249 and adds section 249a; amends Section 250 and adds sections 250a and 252f.
The amendments of the Act No. 73/1998 on service of member of State Police, of the Act No. 200/1998 on service of customs officers, of the Act No. 315/2001 on Fire-fighters, the Act 365/2004 Non-discrimination Act, of the Act No. 246/2005 on service of professional soldiers and of the Act No. 200/2009 on civil service concern women during maternity leave. They forbid the dismissal, make them eligible for any improvement of work status as if they were working.