|Name:||Social Welfare Act, 2010 (No. 34 of 2010).|
|Subject(s):||Social security (general standards)|
|Type of legislation:||Law, Act|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||Act on-line Irish Statute Book, Ireland PDF (consulted on 2011-02-01)
|Abstract/Citation:||PART 1 - Preliminary and General
1. Short title, construction and commencement.
PART 2 - Amendments to Social Welfare Acts
3. Social insurance benefits (new rates).
4. Social assistance payments (new rates).
5. Child benefit (new rates).
6. Increases in disablement pension.
7. Jobseeker's benefit - reduction of rates in certain circumstances.
8. Jobseeker's allowance - reduction of rates in certain circumstances.
9. Supplementary welfare allowance - reduced weekly amounts in certain circumstances.
11. Abolition of income ceilings.
12. Abolition of employee PRSI relief on employee pension contributions.
13. Reduction in employer PRSI relief on employee pension contributions.
14. Self-employment contributions - increase in rate.
PART 3 - Repeal of Health Contributions Act 1979
15. Repeal of Health Contributions Act 1979 and consequential amendment.