|Name:||North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).|
|Country:||United States of America, Canada, Mexico|
|Type of legislation:||International agreement|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||Text in English NAFTA Secretariat (consulted on 2009-10-05)
|Abstract/Citation:||Allows free trade between Canada, USA and Mexico.
Article 102 outlines the objectives which are to:
- eliminate barriers to trade in and facilitate the cross-border movement of goods and services between the territories of the Parties;
- promote conditions of fair competition in the free trade area;
- increase substantially investment opportunities in the territories of the Parties;
- provide adequate and effective protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights in each Party's territory;
- create effective procedures for the implementation and application of this Agreement, for its joint administration and for the resolution of disputes; and
- establish a framework for further trilateral, regional and multilateral cooperation to expand and enhance the benefits of this Agreement.