Not combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.
In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.
Cough. Sore throat. Dizziness. Drowsiness. Headache. Unconsciousness. See Notes.
Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.
Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer for medical attention.
Redness. Dry skin.
Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.
Wear safety spectacles or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.
First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.
Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.
Rinse mouth. Refer for medical attention .
CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING
Personal protection: self-contained breathing apparatus. Ventilation. Collect leaking liquid in sealable containers. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.
According to UN GHS Criteria
Transportation UN Classification
Ventilation along the floor.
PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION
Physical State; Appearance COLOURLESS LIQUID.
Physical dangers The vapour is heavier than air and may accumulate in lowered spaces causing a deficiency of oxygen.
Chemical dangers Decomposes on contact with hot surfaces or flames. This produces toxic and corrosive fumes including phosgene, hydrogen chloride and hydrogen fluoride.
Molecular mass: 184.5
Boiling point: 48.5°C Relative density (water = 1): 1.5 Solubility in water: poor Vapour pressure, kPa at 20°C: 32 Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.2 Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 2.1
EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS
Routes of exposure The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its vapour and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure The substance is irritating to the eyes and skin. The vapour is irritating to the respiratory tract. The substance may cause effects on the central nervous system and cardiovascular system. Exposure at high levels could cause unconsciousness.
Inhalation risk A harmful contamination of the air can be reached very quickly on evaporation of this substance at 20°C.
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS
Check oxygen content before entering area. High concentrations in the air cause a deficiency of oxygen with the risk of unconsciousness or death.
All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.