|ICSC: 1402 (November 2019)
| CAS #: 2699-79-8
| UN #: 2191
|EC Number: 220-281-5
|FIRE & EXPLOSION
|Not combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.
|In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media. In case of fire: keep cylinder cool by spraying with water.
|Sore throat. Cough. Shortness of breath. Nausea. Vomiting. Weakness. Heart palpitations. Convulsions. Unconsciousness.
|Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.
|Fresh air, rest. Half-upright position. Refer immediately for medical attention. See Notes.
|ON CONTACT WITH LIQUID: FROSTBITE.
|ON FROSTBITE: rinse with plenty of water, do NOT remove clothes. Refer immediately for medical attention .
|Redness. ON CONTACT WITH LIQUID: FROSTBITE.
|Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.
|ON FROSTBITE: rinse with plenty of water. Refer immediately for medical attention. Keep rinsing during transport for medical attention.
|Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.
|CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING
|Evacuate danger area! Consult an expert! Personal protection: gas-tight chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Isolate the area until the gas has dispersed. Shut off cylinder if possible. Remove vapour with fine water spray. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment.
According to UN GHS Criteria
DANGERContains gas under pressure; may explode if heated
Toxic if inhaled
May cause respiratory irritation
Very toxic to aquatic life
|Fireproof if in building. Cool. Ventilation along the floor.
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION
Physical State; Appearance
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS
|TLV: 5 ppm as TWA; 10 ppm as STEL
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms.
|The symptoms of lung oedema often do not become manifest until a few hours have passed and they are aggravated by physical effort. Rest and medical observation are therefore essential.
High concentrations in the air cause a deficiency of oxygen with the risk of unconsciousness or death.
Check oxygen content before entering area.
There is no odour warning even when toxic concentrations are present.
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.