|TRINICKEL DISULFIDE||ICSC: 0928 (April 2017)|
| CAS #: 12035-72-2
| UN #: 3077
|EC Number: 234-829-6
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||Not combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||See Chemical Dangers.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media. In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water.|
|PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! AVOID ALL CONTACT!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat.||Use closed system or ventilation (not if powder).||Fresh air, rest.|
|Skin||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Wear protective gloves when administering first aid. Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.|
|Eyes||Wear safety spectacles or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Rest. Refer for medical attention .|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: particulate filter respirator adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
According to UN GHS Criteria
DANGERMay cause an allergic skin reaction
May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled
May cause cancer if inhaled
Causes damage to the lungs through prolonged or repeated exposure if inhaled
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|Store only in original packaging. Separated from food and feedstuffs, acids and oxidants. Well closed. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing.|
|TRINICKEL DISULFIDE||ICSC: 0928|
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS|
TLV: (as Ni, inhalable fraction): 0.1 mg/m3, as TWA; A1 (confirmed human carcinogen); BEI issued.
MAK: (inhalable fraction): sensitization of respiratory tract and skin (SAH); carcinogen category: 1
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment.|
|The name nickel sulfide is used to describe different compounds with varying composition. Other CAS numbers used are: 12035-71-1 (heazlewoodite), 12035-51-7 (mononickel disulfide), 16812-54-7 (mononickel monosulfide).
Anyone who has shown symptoms of sensitization due to this substance should avoid all further contact with nickel, nickel compounds and other metal compounds of e.g. copper, chromium and cobalt.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Isolate contaminated clothing by sealing in a bag or other container.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Symbol: T, N; R: 49-43-51/53; S: 53-45-61
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|