|CAS #: 319-84-6|
| UN #: 2761
|EC Number: 206-270-8
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||Not combustible. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire. Risk of fire and explosion if formulations contain flammable/explosive solvents.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media. In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water.|
|AVOID ALL CONTACT! AVOID EXPOSURE OF BREASTFEEDING WOMEN!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat. See Ingestion.||Avoid inhalation of dust.||Fresh air, rest. Seek medical attention if you feel unwell.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED!||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Wear protective gloves when administering first aid. Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Seek medical attention if you feel unwell.|
|Eyes||Redness.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible).|
|Ingestion||Headache. Nausea. Vomiting. Diarrhoea. Dizziness. Tremor. Convulsions.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Give a slurry of activated charcoal in water to drink, but NOT if convulsions occur. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: filter respirator for organic gases and particulates adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance, chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus and protective gloves. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into sealable non-metallic containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
According to UN GHS Criteria
DANGERToxic if swallowed
May be harmful in contact with skin
Suspected of causing cancer
May cause harm to breast-fed children
Causes damage to central nervous system
May cause damage to liver and kidneys through prolonged or repeated exposure
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|Well closed. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from bases, metals and food and feedstuffs.|
|Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.|
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS|
|MAK: (inhalable fraction): 0.5 mg/m3; peak limitation category: II(8); skin absorption (H); carcinogen category: 4; pregnancy risk group: D|
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. Bioaccumulation of this chemical may occur along the food chain, for example in fish and seafood. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
|This substance is a component of the insecticide hexachlorocyclohexane (mixed isomers).
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
The symptoms of convulsions do not become manifest until 0.5 to several hours.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Do NOT use in the vicinity of a fire or a hot surface, or during welding.
Occupational Exposure Limits :MAK value is for technical mixture of alpha and beta isomers (0.5 mg/m3=(Conc.alpha-HCH divided by 5) + Conc beta-HCH))
See ICSCs 0053, 0487 and 0796.
Symbol: T, N; R: 21-25-40-50/53; S: (1/2)-22-36/37-45-60-61; Note: C
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|