|CAS #: 7803-49-8|
|EC Number: 232-259-2
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire. Risk of explosion on heating. Risk of fire and explosion on contact with many substances. See Chemical Dangers.||NO open flames, NO sparks and NO smoking. NO contact with hot surfaces.||Use water in large amounts, alcohol-resistant foam, powder. In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water. Combat fire from a sheltered position.|
|AVOID ALL CONTACT! IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat. Dizziness. Headache. Blue lips, fingernails and skin. Shortness of breath. Weakness.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Administration of oxygen may be needed. Refer immediately for medical attention. See Notes.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! Redness. Pain. Further see Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse skin with plenty of water or shower. Refer immediately for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain. Severe burns.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Nausea. Vomiting. Symptoms may be delayed. Further see Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Administration of oxygen may be needed. Refer immediately for medical attention. See Notes.|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: particulate filter respirator adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered non-metallic containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
According to UN GHS Criteria
May be corrosive to metals
Harmful if swallowed or in contact with skin
Causes skin irritation
Causes serious eye damage
May cause an allergic skin reaction
Suspected of causing cancer
May cause respiratory irritation
May cause damage to blood
May cause damage to blood through prolonged or repeated exposure
Very toxic to aquatic life
|Fireproof. Separated from incompatible materials. See Chemical Dangers. Cool. Dry. Well closed. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing.|
|Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
Formula: H3NO / NH2OH
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS|
|MAK sensitization of skin (SH)|
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms.|
|Do NOT take working clothes home.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
Decomposition during storage may cause a build-up of pressure in the container.
This substance is usually commercially available as a solution.
See ICSC 1747.
See also ICSC 0709.
H200; H290; H302; H312; H315; H318; H317; H335; H351; H373; H400
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|