|O,O-Dimethyl O-4-nitro-m-tolyl phosphorothioate|
O,O-Dimethyl O-(3-methyl-4-nitrophenyl) phosphorothioate
O,O-Dimethyl O-4-nitro-m-tolyl thiophosphate
| CAS #: 122-14-5|
| UN #: 3018
|EC Number: 204-524-2
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||Combustible. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, powder, foam, carbon dioxide.|
|PREVENT GENERATION OF MISTS! AVOID EXPOSURE OF ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN! IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Pupillary constriction. Excessive salivation. Lacrimation. Urination. Diarrhoea. Shortness of breath. Muscle cramps. Unconsciousness.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Half-upright position. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! Redness. Pain. Further see Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain. Further see Inhalation.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal cramps. Confusion. Vomiting. Weakness. Further see Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Collect leaking liquid in covered containers. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations. Do NOT wash away into sewer. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment.||
According to UN GHS Criteria
DANGERHarmful if swallowed
Toxic in contact with skin or if inhaled
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from food and feedstuffs. Keep in a well-ventilated room.|
|Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Severe marine pollutant.
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS|
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. Bioaccumulation of this chemical may occur in fish. This substance may be hazardous to the environment. Special attention should be given to crustacea and bees. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
|Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Symbol: Xn, N; R: 22-50/53; S: (2)-60-61
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|