|CAS #: 114-26-1|
| UN #: 2757
|EC Number: 204-043-8
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||Combustible under specific conditions. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, foam, powder, carbon dioxide.|
|PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! STRICT HYGIENE! AVOID EXPOSURE OF ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN! IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Blurred vision. Dizziness. Pupillary constriction, muscle cramp, excessive salivation. Sweating. Laboured breathing. Weakness. Headache. Abdominal cramps. Diarrhoea. Nausea. Vomiting. Muscle twitching. Convulsions. Unconsciousness.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer immediately for medical attention. See Notes.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! Further see Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Wear safety spectacles or eye protection in combination with breathing protection if powder.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||See Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Give a slurry of activated charcoal in water to drink. Refer immediately for medical attention. See Notes.|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into sealable containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
According to UN GHS Criteria
DANGERFatal if swallowed
Toxic if inhaled
Suspected of causing cancer
Causes damage to nervous system
Causes damage to the nervous system through prolonged or repeated exposure
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from food and feedstuffs. Keep in a well-ventilated room. Store only in original container. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
|Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS|
TLV: 0.5 mg/m3, as TWA; A3 (confirmed animal carcinogen with unknown relevance to humans); BEI issued.
MAK: (inhalable fraction): 2 mg/m3; peak limitation category: II(8)
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. This substance may be hazardous to the environment. Special attention should be given to mammals, birds, soil organisms and bees. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
|Decomposition of compound starts at 220°C.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
If the substance is formulated with solvents also consult the ICSCs of these materials.
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
Symbol: T, N; R: 25-50/53; S: (1/2)-37-45-60-61
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|