Chemical dangers Decomposes on heating. This increases fire hazard. The substance is a strong oxidant. It reacts with combustible and reducing materials.
Molecular mass: 101.1
Decomposes at 400°C Melting point: 333-334°C Density: 2.1 g/cm³ Solubility in water, g/100ml at 25°C: 35.7
EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS
Routes of exposure The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its aerosol and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure The substance is irritating to the eyes, skin and respiratory tract. Ingestion could cause effects on the blood. This may result in the formation of methaemoglobin. The effects may be delayed. Medical observation is indicated.
Inhalation risk Evaporation at 20°C is negligible; a harmful concentration of airborne particles can, however, be reached quickly when dispersed.
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS
Rinse contaminated clothing with plenty of water because of fire hazard. Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.