UNICEF, UNDP, UNOPS, FAO, IFC, Ministry of Labour & Labour Relations, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Skills Development, Registered Vocational Providers, District Administrations, Worker organizations, Employers Organizations, and District Chambers.
Youth and women who are affected by conflict in the North and East of SriLanka.
Regional Focus: Batticaloa and Ampara Districts of Eastern Province and Vavuniya and Mannar Districts of Northern Province
- Quality of training of 60% Registered Training Providers in the main target districts developed
- Achieve 90% completion rate of enrolled trainees of supported RTPs
- 70% graduates to be placed in employment within 03 months after completion of training in the supported RTPs.
- Implement modified/new demand-oriented training programmes with selected partner institutions
- Implement capacity building programmes for selected training institutions
- Strengthening the District Enterprise & TVET providers Networks Project Outcomes
- Strengthen the delivery of the district level employment services
- Eight courses are being conducted and 182 trainees participate. Campaign on NVQ certification through recognition of prior learning launched in 04 districts.
- 36 trainers and human resource development officers attended Training of Trainers on Enterprise Development.
- VT Providers Forums in 03 districts were re-activated under respective District Secretaries’ leadership and carrying out collective actions.
- Further demand-oriented courses identified and negotiated with institutions to conduct them.
- One District Public Employment Center opened and launched its services. 03 more to start.