The ILO, in cooperation with the International Organization for Migration, have held a joint-workshop in Kuwait on international labour migration standards and best practices. The workshop was intended to provide policy makers at the ministerial level in Kuwait with a nuanced understanding of international best practices in order to guide institutional reform and public policy formation in the country. Among the issues discussed at the workshop were:
- International migration law and the rights of labour migrants;
- protection systems for foreign workers;
- labour mobility and foreign policy;
- development of labour migration policies in countries of destination; and
- international labour recruitment.