Media Advisory: Responsible Business and Human Rights Forum.
June 12-13 UN Conference Centre, Bangkok
The ILO, OECD, UNDP, United Nations ESCAP, and the Royal Government of Thailand are, with funding support from the EU and Swedish government, hosting a high level forum on responsible business practices. This two-day event brings together representatives from government, business, workers organisations and the international community for wide ranging discussions on maximising the positive contribution of business to human rights and developmental goals in Asia. The programme includes discussions on shaping global policy; tools to address climate change; human rights considerations in global investment; addressing gender inequality in global supply chains; and the future of work. The Forum will also conduct a series of discussions on applying ‘due diligence’ in key industry sectors.
High level guests
- H.E. Don Pramudwinai, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Thailand (TBC)
- Hilde Hardeman, Head, European Commission's Service for Foreign Policy Instruments
- Masamichi Kono Deputy Secretary General, OECD
- Haoliang Xu, United Nations Assistant Secretary General & UNDP Regional Director for Asia and the Pacific
- Young Tae Kim, Secretary-General, International Transport Forum
- EU - Hilde Hardeman, Head, European Commission's Service for Foreign Policy Instruments, Sarah Gondy, Policy Officer for Trade and Sustainable Development
- ILO - Graeme Buckley, Director of the ILO Country Office for Thailand, Cambodia and Lao’s People’s Democratic Republic; Emily Sims , Senior Specialist on International Labour Standards
- OECD - Masamichi Kono, Deputy Secretary General; Christine Kaufmann, Chair, OECD Working Party on Responsible Business Conduct; Mathilde Mesnard, OECD Deputy Director of Financial and Enterprise Affairs
- UNDP – Jaco Cilliers, Director of Policy and Programmes, UNDP Asia & Pacific; Livio Sarandrea, Business and Human Rights Advisor, UNDP Asia & Pacific,
The event also welcomes requests for interviews with guest speakers not listed above. Please contact the relevant organisation’s communications representative to facilitate these meetings.
Follow developments on #RBHRForum
For media registration, please email the following information by 8 June 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org: First Name; Last Name; Nationality; ID/Passport Number; Email Address; Mobile No; Organization/New Agency, electronic copy of a passport-sized photo for badge