The meeting objectives:
- Promote understanding of the conditions faced by returning women migrant workers that influence their opportunities for effective re-integration.
- Document and share good practices in return and re-integration programs for women migrant workers.
- Increase knowledge base by sharing data and research on the reintegration of migrants, with a special focus on women.
- Arrive at recommendations for regional partnerships and bilateral cooperation on return and reintegration programs for women migrants between origin and destination countries.
- To generate incentive to mainstream gender-responsive reintegration strategies for returnee women migrant workers within governments’ National Strategies.