Existing ILO Global Policy tools on Labour Migration
- ILO Global Estimates on Migrant Workers
- Statistics on International labour migration
- Appendix: Draft guidelines concerning statistics on international labour migration
- ILO-OECD-World Bank « The Contribution of Labor Mobility to Economic Growth »
- ILO-OECD « How immigrants contribute to developing countries’ economies »
- Addressing governance challenges in a changing labour migration landscape
- Guide on “How to facilitate the recognition of skills of migrant workers”
- Training employment services providers on how to facilitate the recognition of skills of migrant workers: Facilitator’s notes
- General practical guidance on promoting coherence among employment, education/training and labour migration policies
- ILO-World Bank’s Global Knowledge Partnership on Migration and Development (KNOMAD) Study « Deficiencies in conditions of work as a cost to labour migration: Concepts, extent and implications »
- Migrant access to social protection under Bilateral Labour Agreements
- Are remittances good for labor markets in LICs, MICs and Fragile States?
- Promoting fair migration - General Survey concerning the migrant workers instruments (2016)
- ILO Tripartite Technical Meeting on Labour Migration Report
- ILO Manual in search of Decent Work – Migrant workers' rights
- Information Guide on Preventing Discrimination, Exploitation and Abuse of Women Migrant Workers
- Labour Migration : Guidance for journalists
- Labour Migration Policy and Management : Training Modules
- ILO/IOM/OSCE Handbook on establishing effective Labour Migration Policies
- Sending Workers Abroad
- Employing Foreign Workers
- ILO Tools on Labour Migration developed in Asia
- Media-friendly glossary on migration
- Good practices database - Labour Migration Policies and Programmes
Labour Market Information Systems and Labour Migration
- “A roadmap for the development of labour market information systems in Africa”, August 2016, in collaboration with the AU
- “Guidelines for producing labour market indicators from existing data sources in Africa”, to be published by the AU in 2018
- New database for Labour Market Information System in ECOWAS Region
ILO Reports produced in Africa
With the technical assistance and the financial support of the ILO, the first continental Labour Migration Statistics Report in Africa (2016) was produced and published in 2017 in English and French.
providing information on access to social security for migrant workers from Africa, including portability regimes and supporting policy-making for social protection access & portability of benefits for migrant workers
Assessment Report of Skills Portability at Regional Economic Community (REC) and Continental levels
which studies current portability initiatives in Africa, identifies challenges & provides recommendations.
The Comprehensive report on Free movement of persons from the perspective of African Regional Integration
gaps, challenges and solutions which analyses free movement of persons in the context of African regional integration, considering the different protocols developed by RECs on free movement of persons in their regions and jurisdictions.
A report on Exploring the links between remittances and social protection for migrant workers and their families
which considers the impact and limitations of remittances and social protection, best practices and experimentations from various parts of the world. A set of recommendations and suggestions are also provided.
Providing information on access to social security for migrant workers from Africa, including portability regimes and supporting policy-making for social protection access & portability of benefits for migrant workers.