Background:The International Labour Organization (ILO) in partnership with the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) is currently supporting the capacity of youth employment stakeholders in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes promoting decent jobs for youth. As part of this collaboration, an online training course is being organised to capacitate participants to develop and implement results measurement plans for youth employment programmes and contribute to the monitoring and evaluation framework of the Nigerian Youth Employment Action Plan (NIYEAP).
The six-week course will provide pragmatic step-by-step training for designing results measurement systems and conducting project evaluations of youth employment programmes. It will also be an opportunity for participants to learn how to use evaluations and evaluation tools to adapt and adjust interventions accordingly.
Course objectives:The course aims to achieve the following objectives:
1) Provide training to capacitate participants to develop and implement appropriate results measurement strategies for assessing youth employment programmes;
2) Introduce participants to the Nigerian Youth Employment Action Plan (NIYEAP) with a view to encouraging their contributions to its monitoring and evaluation framework through their youth employment programmes and projects.
Modules:The online training will cover the following content areas:
1) The NIYEAP and results measurement for youth employment programmes;
2) Decent work indicators for labour market interventions;
3) Data collection for youth employment programmes;
4) Evaluation approaches;
5) M&E implementation
Course format:The online training will comprise around 30 hours of learning engagement and self-study spread over six weeks and five learning modules. The online course is learner-centred and highly participatory. A dedicated online platform will be used to host course materials and assessments, and allow participants to interact with each other and experts through a community forum. Live lectures will be delivered via Zoom.
Following the course, select institutions implementing strategic and innovative youth employment interventions will have the opportunity to receive technical support throughout 2021 to develop, strengthen and implement their youth employment M&E framework.
Registration information:More information on the training course can be found here. If you are interested in participating in this course, please register your interest here by 20 May 2021
The training and follow-up support is funded by The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Sub-Fund of the UN Peace and Development Fund and implemented by the ILO and UN DESA.