Extending social protection and promotion of OSH towards social cohesion and inclusive growth
The ILO’s work on social protection and OSH in Myanmar will support in achieving decent, safe and healthy working conditions by strengthening inclusive social protection and OSH systems and networks at national and enterprise levels to promote a culture of prevention of work-related injuries, diseases and deaths, and to protect workers through access to social security. Activities are supported by ILO-Japan, ILO-Korea, Germany, European Union, United States Department of Labor and Luxembourg.
- Improvement of the legal and institutional framework on OSH and social security through supporting consultations and implementation of the Social Security and OSH laws, advocate for more and better data collection on OSH and social security, strengthening regulatory authorities and support to setting up a Management Information System of the Social Security Board
- Support to sector-specific activities in garments, construction, agro-food processing, agriculture, manufacturing, tourism and hospitality through value chain analysis and OSH assessments, integrating OSH in TVET curriculum and implementation of business management and productivity improvement trainings
- Focus on young workers, female workers and prevention of child labour through targeted OSH interventions
- Ms. Mariana Infante, Senior Technical Officer, Vision Zero Fund
- Ms. Sandar Win, National Project Coordinator, Safeyouth@Work
- Mr. Thein Than Htay, National Project Coordinator, Social Protection and Vision Zero Fund