The workshop was conducted within the framework of the 'Applying the G20 Training Strategy: A Partnership of the ILO and the Russian Federation' project Immediate Objective 1: Capacity building of government bodies and concerned stakeholders in the field of analysis, reform and implementation of national policies, systems and strategies of Skills Development in line with identified priorities.
The workshop aimed at the familiarisation of participants with international Human Resource Development (HRD) policy instruments and the experience of G20 countries, capacity building of participants in analysis of national strategic objectives and indicators for Skills Development, as well as its alignment with international HRD recommendations from the ILO and other UN Agencies.
ContentThe Project’s Stock-taking report on the subject highlights topics to be analysed during the workshop, covering the following areas:
- ILO and UNESCO recommendations and requirements on HRD, UN SDGs and the G20 Training Strategy on policies and objectives of Skills Development
- Objectives and indicators of Skills Development introduced by the ILO, OECD, European Training Foundation, UNESCO, World Bank, and European Union; analyses aimed at application of proposed indicators for strategic planning and monitoring of Skills Development
- Objectives, indicators and Skills Development strategies applied in selected G20 countries
ParticipantsExpected participants are representatives of Labour and Education Ministries, representatives of social partners, and experts from countries beneficiaries: Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and the Russian Federation.
Expected outcomesIt is expected that as a result of the workshop participants will:
- Improve their awareness on the Project’s objectives, anticipated results and work processes
- Become familiar with international HRD policy instruments accepted by the ILO, UNESCO and integrated into the UN Agenda 2030 and with possibility of their practical application in their national system of Skills Development and Employment
- Understand the importance of reforming national strategic objectives and indicators of Skills Development with consideration of international policy instruments and advanced experience from G20 countries
- Assess the possibility to apply innovations in the strategic planning of Skills Development systems taking into account the conditions of the respective countries
- Assess the opportunity to use available national statistics for calculation of new indicators of Skills Development and determine the need to carry out complimentary statistical surveys
- Agree on directions of strategic planning of Skills Development and corresponding indicators of planning and monitoring of participation in professional education and training along the identified directions, as well as equal access and opportunities for Skills Development, among others. This in order to recommend the utilization of certain indicators in participant countries
- Make proposals on implementation of a pilot within the framework of the Project in one of the countries to align national strategic objectives and indicators of skills development with international requirements and available experience