BackgroundThe International Labour Organization (ILO) is launching a free Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). The overall objective of the MOOC is to promote an increased understanding of RPL and the mainstreaming of RPL into national policies, systems and strategies throughout the world.
Through presenting existing and emerging RPL practices from around the world, the MOOC aims to support policy makers, RPL practitioners and anyone interested in RPL to design and implement effective RPL systems, policies and programmes. Furthermore, the MOOC also facilitates knowledge exchange and co-creation by capturing the good practices and innovative solutions including the use of digital technologies shared by international experts and experienced practitioners.
The MOOC consists of two courses targeting two different groups of audience:
- RPL essentials course: for those who are new to RPL and need a quick overview of the key features, processes and practices of RPL;
- RPL development course: for those who need a deeper insight into the underpinning theory of RPL and the nuances behind the practices.
Objective and discussion pointsAs part of the MOOC, webinars are being organized to provide a platform for an open discussion among experts and participants during which knowledge, experience and innovative ideas are shared. The focus of this webinar is:
- Opportunities associated with the digitalisation of RPL;
- Innovative practices for digitalising RPL in each stage of the process;
- Key challenges faced in digitalising RPL.
LanguageThe working language of the webinar will be English.
Register here: https://bit.ly/3Hgbbxi
Tentative Agenda10:00 - 10:05 Welcoming remarks and introduction
- By Dr. Ashwani Aggarwal, Team Leader for Work Group (WBL, apprenticeships, RPL and core skills), ILO Geneva
- By Ms. Marie-Anne Persons, Department of Education and Training, Government of Flanders
- Moderator: Dr. Ashwani Aggarwal
- RPL in the New Normal: Challenges, Opportunities and Strategies: Maria Susan P. dela Rama, Executive Director of Certification Office, Technical Education and Skills Development Authority, The Philippines
- Technological innovations in RPL – Experiences from India: Ved Mani Tiwari, Acting CEO, National Skill Development Corporation, India
- Scaling up validation of vocation skills with ICT-based tools: Dr. Martin Noack, Senior expert, Bertelsmann Stiftung, Germany
11:25 - 11:30 Closing remarks
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation SDC