Obtaining advisory services
The Social Protection Department provides a wide range of technical advisory services to support policy development, programme design and costing, as well as the implementation and reform of social protection systems. The objective of ILO technical advisory services is twofold:
- they are tailored to unique country circumstances as well as to the capacity of implementing agencies;
- they promote the transfer of skills and knowledge, which cultivates national ownership of proposed solutions, enhances the implementation capacity of personnel and tripartite constituents, and strengthens governance systems and processes.
- actuarial valuation and costing of national social protection systems;
- enhancement of statistical capacity to monitor and evaluate existing systems;
- facilitating dialogue with tripartite stakeholders;
- assisting governments to realize sufficient fiscal space to deepen their social security systems.