(previously the International Industrial Relations Association (IIRA)
How to Join
Industrial relations directors, officers or practitioners as well as social dialogue specialists, labour administrators, employment relations specialists, human resource consultants, members and representatives of workers' and employers' organizations, government officials, labour lawyers, students, academics and all others dealing with employee relations would greatly benefit from becoming a member of the International Industrial Relations Association (IIRA) and from participating in our congresses.
Types of membership
- Full membership is open to national industrial relations associations, the primary purpose of which is the advancement of knowledge and research in the industrial relations field.
- Institutional associate membership is open to universities and colleges or departments thereof and other research institutes concerned with the scholarly study of industrial relations.
- Individual associate membership is open to persons engaged in industrial relations research or teaching activities in academic or research institutions, as well as practitioners in the industrial relations field.
If you wish to apply for any of the above types of membership, please print and complete the appropriate application and send to either firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to IIRA Secretariat, c/o DIALOGUE, International Labour Office, 1211 Geneva 22, Switzerland. Your application will be submitted to the Executive Committee of the IIRA for approval.
- Full membership - (pdf, 110KB),
- Institutional associate membership - (pdf, 110KB),
- Individual associate membership - (pdf, 80KB).
Membership dues are payable:
- by bank transfer in US dollars to IIRA account no. 240/334.209.60.P at the Union de Banques Suisses, rue du Rhône, 1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland; Please clearly indicate membership number.
- by bank transfer in Euros to IIRA account no. 240/334.209.70.W at the Union de Banques Suisses, rue du Rhône, 1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland; Please clearly indicate membership number.
- by bank transfer in currencies other than US Dollars or Euros to IIRA account no. 240/334.209.00.R at the Union de Banques Suisses, rue du Rhône, 1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland; Please clearly indicate membership number.
- in cash handed directly to the IIRA Secretariat (convertible currencies only);
- by VISA or MasterCard credit card either by mail-/phone- or e-mail order. Please clearly indicate card number, expiry date, the amount to be charged and the year(s) it covers. You may print and complete the attached form - (pdf 77KB) and send it by fax to the IIRA Secretariat (+41 22 799 8749).
Please ensure that your name is indicated and that the payment is made out to the "International Industrial Relations Association".
IIRA Newsletter and Membership Directory
All members will receive the electronic IIRA Newsletter by e-mail. Please inform the IIRA secretariat of any changes in your e-mail address as soon as possible. Through the IIRA Newsletter, IIRA members will be kept informed on IIRA activities, activities of members, forthcoming meetings, ongoing research projects, recent publications, book notes, etc. IIRA members are welcome to send any information that might be of interest for inclusion in the Newsletter to the IIRA Secretariat.
Back up copies of the Newsletter are available here. IIRA Members will be automatically listed in the IIRA Membership Directory. It contains the names and addresses of all members, as well as information on their professional activities and research topics.