- 19-21.06.2007. Issyk-Kul seminar focuses on gender equality and youth employment
Gender equality, employment and youth problems were high on the agenda of the national workshop held in Issyk-Kul, Kyrgyzstan, on June 19-21. The workshop was organized within the framework of the ILO/Netherlands project on boosting youth employment.
- 7-13.09.2005. Creating an enabling environment for enterprises
From 7 to 13 September 2005, ILO constituents from Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Russia were invited to Turin for a workshop on Enabling Environment for Entrepreneurship Promotion and SME (Small and Medium Enterprises) Development. The workshop was organised in the framework of two projects that are currently being implemented by the ILO Office in Moscow on promoting youth employment and increasing employability through skills development
- 16-17.05.2005. Women parliamentarians of the CIS countries to protect the rights of family and children
The State Duma Committee on Women, Family Affaires and Children held the International Meeting "Women parliamentarians of the CIS countries to protect the rights of family and children" on May 16-17.
- 7-8.04.2005. Gender Aspects of Poverty and Income Policy - Conference in St. Petersburg
The ILO Sub-Regional Office in Moscow jointly with the Nordic Council of Ministers convened an International Conference “Poverty and Income Policy in the North West Federal Okrug of the Russian Federation – Gender Aspects” which took place in St-Petersburg (New Raivola).
- 8.03.2005. Journalists Discuss Gender Equality In the World of Work
Three media roundtables were organized by ILO-Moscow in Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia during the last two months. They were united by one common theme: ‘Gender Equality and the World of Work: the Role of Mass Media’
- 15.02.2005. Women Network for Central and Eastern Europe meets in Budapest
On the sidelines of the ILO 7th European Regional Meeting in Budapest a one-day meeting will be held between the International European Trade Union Confederation and the Women Network for Central and Eastern Europe.
- 27-28.01.2005. Project on Promotion of Gender Eauality launched in the Vologda Region
Press clips (in Russian) (PDF, 93 Kb)
- 14.05.2004. Regional project "Development of Women Entrepreneurship and Employment in Azerbaijan and Georgia through Employers' Associations" - seminar in Baku
The National Employers’ Association of Azerbaijan, supported by the international Labour Organization, has started to implement a regional project “Development of Women Entrepreneurship and Employment in Azerbaijan and Georgia through Employers’ Associations”.
- 8.03.2004. International Women's Day
Press Release (PDF 129Kb)
- 31.10.2003. Promotional Event on Gender Equality
The ILO Subregional Office in Moscow organized a big promotional event around the theme of gender equality, which took place in the Russian State Library and in the House of Journalists in Moscow.
- 2-3.10.2003. Women Changing the World
This was a title of the tenth international conference organized on 2-3 October 2003 by the St. Petersburg Socio-Economic Institute (Rector Elena Kalinina). It should be noted that this activity was included into the list of official events to mark the 300-th anniversary of St-Petersburg. The ILO Subregional Office was represented at the conference by Pauline Barrett-Reid, Director, Irina Melekh, Gender Focal Point, Rimma Kalinchenko, Programme Officer and Desk Officer for Russia, Alexei Bukharov, IPEC (St-Petersburg) Project Coordinator.
- 13-14.06.2003. Regional Gender Conference in Briansk
It was a first regional conference under the joint project of the International Labour Organization, Ministry of Labour and Social Development of the RF and the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA).
- 7-8.03.2003. International Women’s Day, Russian Federation
The 8th of March has been traditionally observed by the United Nations as International Women’s Day with special events around the globe. To commemorate this year’s event, the International Labour Organization (ILO) focused on women in the media who report on conflict, war, human and socio-economic rights and other important issues.
- 22-23.10.2002. Gender strategies of the Russian Federation
Russian-Canadian joint conference Women of United Russia, organized by the Administration of Ivanovo region and Ivanovo State University with the support of the Ministry of Labour and Social Development and the Confederation of Business Women of Russia, took place on October 22-23 in Ivanovo. Irina Melekh, Gender Focal Point represented the ILO Moscow Office at this conference.
- 24.09.2002. ILO and Russian Business Community against Discrimination
Ten leading representatives of the Russian business community together with the representatives of UN agencies, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Labour and Social Development attended a breakfast meeting organized by the ILO on the important issue of Discrimination.