How to Join
Industrial relations directors, officers or practitioners as well as social dialogue specialists, labour administrators, employment relations specialists, human resource consultants, members and representatives of workers' and employers' organizations, government officials, labour lawyers, students, academics and all others dealing with employee relations would greatly benefit from becoming a member of the International Labour and Employment Relations Association and from participating in our congresses.
Types of membership
There are three categories of members of ILERA namely, full member (or national member), institutional associate member, individual associate member.
Full Members may be national or regional industrial relations associations, the primary purpose of which is
the advancement of knowledge and research in the industrial and employment relations field or national or regional committees where such associations do not exist.
The current annual dues for full members are as follows:
USD 40.00 for associations with up to 25 members;
USD 65.00 for associations with 26 to 100 members; and
USD 100.00 for associations with over 100 members.
- Institutional associate membership is open to universities and colleges or departments
thereof and other research institutes concerned with the scholarly study of industrial relations.
Annual dues: USD 60.00
- Individual associate membership is open to persons engaged in industrial relations research or teaching activities in academic or research institutions, as well as practitioners in the industrial relations field. Annual dues: USD 25.00
If you wish to apply for any of the above types of membership, please print and complete the appropriate application form and send it to either email@example.com or by post to the ILERA Secretariat, c/o GOVERNANCE, International Labour Office, 1211 Geneva 22, Switzerland.
- Full membership - (pdf, 40KB) ,
- Institutional associate membership - (pdf, 96KB),
- Individual associate membership - (pdf, 125KB).
Membership dues are payable by bank transfer (BIC/SWIFT: UBSWCHZH80A):
- bank transfer in US dollars to ILERA account no. 240-334.209.60.P at the Union de Banques Suisses, rue du Rhône, 1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland; IBAN: CH60 0024 0240 3342 0960 P. Please clearly indicate membership number.
- bank transfer in Euros to ILERA account no. 240-334.209.70.W at the Union de Banques Suisses, rue du Rhône, 1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland; IBAN: CH16 0024 0240 3342 0900 R. Please clearly indicate membership number.
- bank transfer in currencies other than US Dollars or Euros to ILERA account no. 240-334.209.00.R at the Union de Banques Suisses, rue du Rhône, 1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland; IBAN: CH31 0024 0240 3342 0970 W. Please clearly indicate membership number.
- in cash handed directly to the ILERA Secretariat (convertible currencies only);
- by VISA or MasterCard credit card either by mail-/phone- or e-mail order. Please clearly indicate card number, expiry date, the amount to be charged and the year(s)it covers. You may print and complete the df" title="Credit Card Payment Form" onclick="newWin(this.href); return false;">Credit Card Payment Form - (pdf 70KB) and send it by fax to the ILERA Secretariat (+41 22 799 8749).
Please ensure that your name or membership number is clearly indicated and that the payment is made out to the "International Labour and Employment Relations Association".
ILERA Electronic Newsletter and Membership Directory
The ILERA Electronic Newsletter is published at least twice per year, and includes news about ILERA activities, activities of members, forthcoming meetings, ongoing research projects, recent publications, book notes etc. The Newsletter, as well as individual announcements, are sent by e-mail to all ILERA members.Please inform the ILERA secretariat of any changes in your e-mail address as soon as possible. ILERA members are welcome to send any information that might be of interest for inclusion in the Newsletter to the ILERA Secretariat. Back up copies of the Newsletter are available here.
ILERA Members will be automatically listed in the Membership Directory. The username and password will be sent upon the acceptance of applications. The Directory contains the names and addresses of all members, as well as information on their professional activities and research and can be updated directly on-line.