Organizational Structure of ILERA
The Officers of the ILERA are the President, the President-Elect, the Past President and the Secretary. They take care of the day-to-day running of the Association and report to the Executive Committee. The current officers are:
The Council of the ILERA is composed of the representatives of the Full (National) Members, these can be national or regional associations, the primary purpose of which is the advancement of knowledge and research in labour and employment relations; each Council member has one vote. The Council elects the President and the members of the Executive Committee. The Council meets once every three years, on the occasion of the ILERA World Congress, and gives the Executive Committee such general guidance or instructions as it deems appropriate.
- Institut du Travail d'Afrique Centrale (ITAC) (Central African Institute for Labour): ITAC covers 11 French - and Portuguese speaking countries in Central Africa: i.e. Angola, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Rwanda and Sao Tome and Principe.
The Executive Committee
The Executive Committee (EC) is limited to a maximum of 16 persons, including ex officio, the President, his/her immediate predecessor, the President-elect and the Secretary of the ILERA. The EC is responsible for determining the programme of the Association. Members serve a 3-year term of office and may be re-elected for a further 3 year period once.
The role of EC members is to act as focal point(s) in their specific regions. You may contact them directly, if you have any questions concerning the functioning or the activities of ILERA.
The current members of the Executive Committee are:
- Prof. Dong-One Kim, Korea - President
- Prof. Mia Rönnmar, Sweden - President-Elect
- Prof. Evance Kalula, South Africa - Past President
- Mr. Moussa Oumarou, ILO - Secretary
- Mr. Frikkie de Bruin, South Africa
- Prof. Olusegun O. Matanmi, Nigeria
- Prof. Martha Monsalve, Colombia
- Prof. Cecilia Senén Gonzalez, Argentina
- Prof. Harry Katz, USA
- Ms. Melanie Binet, Australia
- Prof. Xiangquan Zeng, China
- Prof. Marcin Wujczyk, Poland
- Prof. Roberto Pedersini, Italy
- Prof. Maarten Keune, The Netherlands
- Prof. Martin Behrens, Germany
- Ms. Susan Hayter, ILO