Publications available at the Documentation Center
The Documentation Center gathers the basic and fundamental publications, brochures and books of the Social protection Sector and it makes available an List of publications of the Documentation Center.
The online bookstore also provides books and publications that deal with social protection issues which you can purchase.
There are two available purchase methods:
- The very latest publications from the bookstore and
- The catalogue of ILO publications from September 2009 until February 2010.
Publications available in the other departments
Social Security publications
The key resources of the Social Security Department are gathered in the Social Security Policy Briefings series. These series are produced in the framework of the global campaign on social security and coverage for all; it aims to set out the views of the Social Security Department in areas of particular importance, and so provide guidance to ILO member countries in the formulation of their social security policies.
Occupational Safety and Health publications
SafeWork is promoting ILO publications on occupational safety and health (OSH). CISDOC - archived bibliographic database is updated on a continuous basis with regulations, laws data sheets, training materials, articles, periodical publications, and books on OSH. The ILO's Encyclopaedia of Occupational Health and Safety is the most comprehensive reference source on the subject.
Conditions of work publications
Three different categories of information are provided by TRAVAIL:
- The publications which are categorized by themes,
- The information sheet series and
- The brochures and pamphlets.
Labour Migration publications
Dissemination of information is a key activity of the International Migration Branch.
You will find two categories of resources elaborated by International migration specialists:
- International Migration Papers (IMP). They are produced by MIGRANT to make available current research on global migration trends, conditions of employment of migrants, and the impact of state policies on migration and the treatment of migrants;
- Perspectives on Labour Migration. These papers are intended to contribute to understanding current issues and debates in international migration. They offer new perspectives, emerging formulations, and a variety of analytical approaches to the often controversial debates on national and international migration policy and practice.